Thursday, October 17, 2013

Recurring Dreams

Last night, I dreamed that, for some reason that seemed perfectly logical in my dream, I had to go back to high school. I was expected to keep up with English reading and be sitting at a desk at 8am every morning and dream-Roni was exasperated by this and decided to sleep in and skive off classes. When dream-Roni reached her breaking point, she exclaimed, "This is completely illogical! I graduated from college! Twice! Why do I have to do high school again!"

I believe I could psychoanalyze this dream.You know, like maybe I make career choices that aren't commensurate with my experience? Or at least I feel that way subconsciously. 

Most of the time I don't place deep significance on my dreams. However, sometimes I do think they are a manifestation of stressors that I am not coping with. Like when I feel a lot of pressure and expectation, usually around the time that I am making some sort of "big decision," I dream that I am getting married. The dream typically opens on my wedding day, and I have no recollection of my courtship with the groom and do not want to get married but feel like I will disappoint everyone who has gathered for the ceremony (not to mention my betrothed) if I don't say "I do," and I feel compelled to go through with the vows despite a terrible sinking pit in my stomach.

Make of that what you will, Freudians.

No comments:

Post a Comment