Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hey, Fall. You Beautiful Season, You.

Today felt legitimately autumnal. I woke up and was actually cold as I wandered about the apartment in the morning. However, despite the morning temperatures, it was one of those perfect autumn Sundays. It seriously felt like all of New York City was out on the streets, but it was such a divine day that the crowds made me want to embrace greater humanity rather than hide in an underground bunker.


I decided to hit up Washington Square Park, since that would have likely been a regular haunt of mine if I ever attended college at the New York University home campus.


I felt irresistibly drawn to this cupcake and made it mine. It was good, but my official cupcake critique would be that the cake itself was dense rather than fluffy and was rather bland.


 These guys were great. The trio consisted of a saxophone, double bass and drum kit and their seemingly imporvised jazz provided the perfect ambiance in Washington Square.


When I came home, I fully embraced the autumnal chill by digging my flannel pajamas from the depths of my dresser. I'm sure the cold will rattle my bones and earn some scorn eventually, but right now I am absolutely loving donning warm socks and my favorite pajamas.


No comments:

Post a Comment