Tuesday, May 20, 2008


Okay, I've tried long enough to get a picture to upload on this computer, so all you get is words. Undoubtedly, my attempts describe the awesomeness of Italy will probably fall short. Therefore, I'm contemplating talking about how our shower in Siena a high-pressured spout separated from the rest of the bathroom by only a shower. There is nothing to seal the water, therefore if we are not careful we manage to send a flood of water down the hall.

Alright, I guess the whole time I was complaining, the picture was uploading! Eccola (look at it)! So, this is a scene from the top of the church that contains the tomb of St. Francis of Assisi. I am horribly disoriented as far as north, south, east and west, so I am not sure which direction I am looking in. However, the region is Lazio. Italy is so beautiful and green and I am amazed at how much countryside there is.
Assisi is a city built in the Middle Ages on this monstrous hill, so hiking the streets to the pizzerias earned you an extra slice (or so I justified my gluttony ;). I know this picture doesn't show a massive amount of the church, but it was built in 1228. I am so impressed by the capacity of people nigh 800 years ago to build such incredible edifices.
Anyway, Italia è bellissima!

No comments:

Post a Comment