Monday, January 18, 2010

What?! Christmas is Over?


Yes, Baby Kaylee. No more need to don ridiculous hats that scare you, but that may be the only plus side. Because it is back to school and back to work!
After having about a week-and-a-half long crisis during which there was a point when I was almost committed to dropping this Master's degree nonsense, it seems like sort of a big deal to be back in Florence. During the crisis, I weighed the longing for home, the hefty price of tuition, and the fact that my field of study isn't a particularly practical one against the option of staying home with la famiglia, avoiding debt, and being able to attend the Sundance Film Festival. (Adam Brody promised to make an appearance, and though I mocked The O.C. while it ran, I couldn't get enough of the show once I started watching it on DVD and have made up for my error in judgement by having a very girlish fantasy crush on Adam Brody, who really carried the whole show. It would have suffocated under the weight of its own over-wraught drama were it not for Seth Cohen's biting wit and sarcasm.) But I decided not seeing my family again until May wasn't all that long, debt was manageable, and that I could find another time to stalk Adam Brody.
So, ci incontriamo di nuovo Italia.
I intend to make this semester better than the last. I did the adjusting thing last August, so I don't have to waste a month acclimatizing. I can jump right in. I want to visit more places, study harder, use better grammar when I blog, and maybe blog more. Although my writing always slips into parenthetical ramblings (see my proclamation of love to Adam Brody above), it makes me feel productive. Oh, and another thing I should do, take more pictures. This is a New Year's resolution of mine, and maybe if I promise to my public to deliver them more Italian imagery I will better keep this goal.
So a bacione to you all from Florence!

No comments:

Post a Comment