Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Laura Pausini, Singing Diva Extraordinaire

Laura Pausini, folks. She sang a tribute to the late great king of pop by covering "We are the World." She has a real strong voice, meaning she belts it, baby. She belongs among the ranks of Whitney Houston, but indulges in fewer eighties-style "Ohs" from the gut.


My friend and fellow Master's student, Rosalinda, is a devoted follower of Italian music, but she tends to like the real poppy stuff, which my roommates Angela and Arianna scorn. Laura Pausini does not merit their artistic approval. However, my roommate Laura loooooves Laura Pausini. Maybe there is some unwritten code that you cannot detest someone of the same name. That's why I am such a devoted fan of Ronnie Milsap. Just Kidding. Though, truth be told, I don't really know who Ronnie Milsap is. Maybe I could be a fan.

Anyway, the concert was actually December 7th, but I figured now is as good a time as any share some pics with you and list my observations of the concert:
1. No openning act. Rosalinda told me that this is standard for Italian concerts.
2. She drew a very diverse crowd to senior citizens to twelve-year olds. Men and women; althought, it seemed many of the men had been dragged by their wives and/or lovers or were fathers chaperoning the twelve year olds.
3.Concert merchandise is a rip-off, counterfeit merchandise available just outside is your best deal. Although, you don't have to be in Italy to learn this.
4.Everybody loves MJ, and I don't mean Michael Jordan. Though, it seems a lot of people like him, too.

1 comment:

  1. Love your adventures. Love your writing skilz. Love you.

    Tell Amanda that I need access to her blog ASAP. parker.amy.jo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete