Monday, November 9, 2009

La stagione della pioggia

Welcome November! The season of the rain.

I certainly don't miss the sweltering, humid heat of August.

Although, I would like my clothes to dry.

And I do worry about reckless scooter drivers going too fast on slick, wet roads and skidding into something. Sometimes, I'm a little bit like a mom.

And it would be nice if the bottom of my pants could stay dry so I don't get too cold in class. But I could buy myself some boots to remedy that situation. I finally get that tucking your pants into boots is not just a fashion statement (loathed by some of my acquaitances...you know who you are), but also a practical way to keep the flared part of your jeans from getting soaked.

But I love the rain.

It makes going outside an adventure.

I could totally handle life in Seattle.

I love weather.

But I miss the snow. I'm hoping for a hearty storm the day AFTER I fly in for Christmas. I will be building a snowman, lying in wait with ready-made snowballs in my mittened hands to launch a pre-emptive assault on my brother, and challenging whoever will brave it to run around my yard barefoot with me.

Then I will go inside drink hot chocolate and sit by the fire until I can feel my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment