Sunday, February 20, 2011

denver


have i ever expressed my immense love for denver?

i love that place.

i believe i spent just less than twenty-four hours in the city last summer (just enough time for its reputation to remain pristine in my mind), and it was magical. i started looking up studio apartments near the capitol, assured that i could always get a job as an unskilled laborer.

i used to be a little bit uppity about denver boasting its "mile-high" status. i mean, payson is just about 500 feet short of a mile high, and i don't know where the city is measured from. it is perhaps possible my house is a mile high and you don't see me bragging about it. (but then again it is possible my house falls short of the mark and that it really is remarkable to be a mile high.)

nonetheless, a car with a colorado license plate passed me last night and i can't get denver out of my head.

1 comment:

  1. If you move to Denver, I'll come visit you (now that I have vacation time!)

    ReplyDelete