Sunday, December 6, 2009

mamma mia! ho nostalgia di casa!


Oy, oy, oy! The closer I get to coming home, the more distracted and homesick I get.
I've got two more papers to write, one of which I must hand in Monday morning--24 hours from now, but have I penned a single sentence? No. Instead, I find myself facebook stalking like a lunatic and reading the entire archives of people's blogs. I'll be touching ground in Utah Thursday night so you think I could just power through what remains of this semester, but my longing for home just increases as it gets closer!

So, I totally love Italy, but I've totally fallen into routines and it just feels like...the place that I live. This complacency, I guess you could call it, it's just Florence. I pass the Duomo several times a week, and when I'm bored pop by the Uffizi, but I miss my mountains. The other day a woman asked me if Italy or Utah was more pretty. And, who'd have thought, my instinctive answer was Utah. The architecture and history of Italy is richer, but I miss the simply beauty of nature, which is covered by the edifices of the city in Firenze. Plus, some of the inherent beauty of home just comes from having so many people I love in such close proximity.

I know logically that Thursday will come soon enough, but time is dragging just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment