Thursday, September 3, 2009

What I did today. And before 2, at that.

I visited the church Dante attended. The very one in which he first saw his great inspiration--Beatrice. It was a cozy little church. And by that I mean small. Very small.
I got stuck in the rain. I am now donning a very frizzy ponytail.



I took a picture of Firenze from the upper levels of the Palazzo Pitti.

I took a picture of the outside of the Palazzo Pitti; I'm not sure of its historical significance--However, I think Napoleon Bonaparte had it renovated as one of his residences after he took over Italy in the late-18th early-19th century.
It was huge! And loaded with amazing art. I had gone for the futurist exhibit "Gianna Futurista" but also wandered the halls jam-packed with Renaissance art including a few Boticellis and Raffaels. Amazing.
And the best part is I have a special "amici" card so I can go for free as often as I desire.








No comments:

Post a Comment