Monday, August 31, 2009

FIRENZE


You are viewing original Roni Scheidler photographs. It is about a thirty minute walk from my domicilio to the the centro di Firenze so strolling to the Duomo di Santa Maria dei Fiori is just a pleasant giro away. Once you know the way. I wore out my legs to the extreme meandering the cobbled streets of Florence thinking that I would rely on my intuition to guide me to my destination. Unwise move. By the time I made it the the Duomo and wandered a bit then found the road back to my apartment I thought there was a mild chance that my legs would never take another step. And the next morning my feet were rebelling against holding my body vertical, although the most virulent protesters against my excessive walking were my calves. Man, did they ache for a few days.

Florence is great, and everyone knows I am a dedicated Italophile, but I miss everybody. Nothing instills you with more appreciation for home and all if its comforts (especially friends and family!) than the dawning realization on your first week abraod that you will not see them for ten months. I miss you all and hope that you will correpond with me (facebook, email, a letter!).

No comments:

Post a Comment