Saturday, October 16, 2010

oh, look. roni posted some nonsense

Leave me alone on the internet for too long and I will inevitably devise a new life plan for myself. I have applications pending with Americorps, the University of Louisville's Pre-Med Post-Bacc Certificate program, Columbia's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (I haven't completed that one, however, because of the hefty application fee), and most recently, nigh an hour ago to be imprecisely exact, I completed an application to be an Italian/English-speaking flight attendant with Delta Airlines.

I had left the blogging world because I was no longer strolling along the narrow sidewalks dodging the compact cars and scooters of Italy, and it didn't seem like the day-to-day routine of my more mundane life working as a waitress was as appealing to document. And as my life is devoid of children, or a romance worth publicly touting, and that for the most part, I am among those who would care to hear about my exploits, so they can be regaled by tales of my mishaps with with words flowing from my mouth, rather than strain their eyes trying to read those words so strongly backlit on their computer screens, I discontinued detailing my life in a public forum.

But I am back, baby.

Mainly, I think because I want to write. It is a good way to work through problems, and while blogs are basically the epitome of self-indulgence, I've had people's word give me entertainment, solace, or voice exactly some of the things I am feeling [little plug to Katie, who I haven't seen since high school, but whose recent blog posts just felt so beautiful, honest, and spot-on that I said, "Hey, maybe some of my thoughts and ideas are worth
blogging about also."].

So, back to my opening. I haven't felt this unsure about my future since...ever. I always knew where I was going in high school [college], but suddenly, I have no idea what I am doing or what I want. Today, I want to be a flight attendant. Probably not forever, but I could put a few good years in see the world, collect interesting experiences for a memoir, whatever. I could actually put some of my Italian language skills to use. They're just rusting here in Utah; although, I could be resourceful and look for some conversation partners.

But listing my pending applications makes me feel pretty flighty, so perhaps a career in aviation is for me!

2 comments:

  1. You don't have to know what you want to do with your WHOLE life right now. Just come visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. roni,
    wow, i feel so loved to have inspired you. this is such a crazy time in our lives. i have so much faith in all of the amazing things you will do with your life. i feel so blessed to have "grown up" with you.
    we should have a reunion the next time i'm in happy valley. i'd love to hear all about your accomplishments and aspirations.
    ps-- i can't wait to hear where life will take you next. as long as it makes you happy, it's the right decision.

    ReplyDelete