Monday, March 17, 2008

So what if I maxed out my Visa?


Okay, so it is a little freaky that I've managed to annihilate my savings, but I've got my ticket to Italia!

For anyone who has an interest in my comings and goings, I leave America May 2 and will return on the evening of July 5 (a week and one day after which is my 20th birthday).

I almost thought I had bought plane tickets for the wrong day when I glanced over my itinerary last week. Eva at the BYU Travel Agency had grilled me on the importance of having cemented dates before I finalized the deal by shelling over my credit card and I swear I read and reread the details of the itinerary before I resolutely declared, "Book it, baby." Actually, I didn't say baby, and I probably wasn't stunningly resolute, but it made for good literature, or not. Anyway, a few days later I was looking at the final itinerary Eva printed for and saw that there were completely different departure dates and my stomach disintegrated. After a desperate phone call, Eva assured me it was just a typo on her part and my dates were fine.

But another random error I caught before I left the travel office was the spelling of my last name Scheidleer. I should go by Roni Scheidleer. It almost has a snootiness to it, like I'm trying to make my name sound French.

1 comment: